Yercaud Tour Package
Yercaud Tour Package is an option for the traveller to explore the not much explored tourist destination. An amazing experience of getting away to the nature from the madness of the city; this serene place will help you to unwind and refresh yourself.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a customized tour or click on
Duration of this Tour Package:
03 Days - 02 Nights
Places to visit in Tamil Nadu:
Accommodation for 02 nights as per the meal plan mentioned
Pick up & Drop from/to Bangalore
Private air-conditioned car with driver throughout the trip (ACs would not operate on hills)
Yercaud Tour Package Itinerary
Day 01: Pick up from Bangalore and drive to Yercaud (Distance 230kms & 5hrs. journey)
On arrival at Bangalore airport/railway station, you will be met by our representative and transferred to Yercaud by road. On arrival, check-in to your hotel and after lunch proceed for sightseeing. Visit Yercaud Lake, Anna Parkand Lady’s Seat
Evening return to your hotel for overnight stay
Day 02: Yercaud sightseeing
After breakfast, proceed for sightseeing in Yercaud. Tourist places to visit are: The Servarayan Temple, Bear’s Cave, Killiyur Waterfalls, Pagoda Pointand Botanical Gardens. Overnight stay at hotel in Yercaud
Day 03: Drive from Yercaud to Bangalore
After breakfast, check-out from your hotel and proceed for some shopping in the main town. Later drive back to Bangalore. Your Yercaud Hill Station package concludes with a drop to the Bangalore airport/railway station or at a designated point in Bangalore.
Yercaud Tourism: Yercaud is a lovely hillstation located in Salem District, in Tamil Nadu. It is barely a 5-hour train journey from Bangalore. The interpretation of the name ‘Yercaud’ in Tamil language is, “Lake Forest” i.e. ‘Yeri’ in Tamil means ‘Lake’ and ‘Kaadu’ means ‘Forest’.
It is well-placed in the Shevaroys range of hills in the Eastern Ghats and has a decent climate all-round the year. The temperature stays moderately between 13C and never goes above 30C.
Tourist places to visit in Yercaud are:
- Yercaud Lake - A main attraction of this place that offers ample opportunities of boating on 2/4-seater boats.
- Anna Park - Is host to the flower show that takes place in the month of May. It is located right next to the Yercaud Lake
- Arthur’s Seat - A point from where you get a bird’s view of the Yercaud Lake, Town and the Shevaroyan Peak
- Kiliyur Waterfalls - Best time to visit this fall is after the monsoons. A 300-ft high waterfall whose waters originate from the Yercaud Lake. The road that leads to this fall is steep and trekking to the bottom of this fall is recommended only for adventure seekers
- Lady’s Seat - a vantage point with a cluster of rocks that overlooks the Salem Town, as well as the numerous hair pin bends along the road leading to Yercaud. This point has a mounted telescope that offers spectacular views.
- Silk Farm - a fascinating site where you can watch the cultivation of mulberries, and see silkworms feeding on mulberry leaves. You could get a live demonstration of the life cycle of silkworms and the methods of spinning silk.
- Pagoda Point - This view point located on the eastern side of Yercaud Hills is also known as the Pyramid Point, since you have four piles of stone arranged in such a way to form the shape of a Pyramid. It is said to have been built by the local tribes. You’ll also find a temple of lord Rama located between the piles of stones.
- Botanical Gardens - A botanical garden well-maintained by Botanical Survey of India and contains wide variety of plants - 249 types of Orchids, rare vanishing plants that includes the Bell Rock (that makes a bell like sound when hit with a stone), Insect eating pitcher plant, and the Kurunji plant that blooms once in 12 years.
- Servarayan Temple - Located on the highest point in Yercaud. The temple has two idols of lord Servarayan and goddess Kaveri that is housed in a dark and narrow cave. From this point you get a spectacular view of the country-side.
Nearest Airports are:
- Madurai (120kms.)
- Coimbatore (170kms.)
- Trichy (195kms.)
Nearest Railway Station is:
Salem, approximately 35kms from Yercaud.