Tourism in India
There is no way you’ll know of India if we try describing it to you. Only by being here and experiencing it for yourself will you come to know of its richness, its lush beauty and exotic architecture.
Travel and Tourism in India is a blend of colors, sights, smells and tastes. India is a subcontinent of diversity. To choose, which are the top 10 (ten) places to visit in India has always been a tough choice for us, hence we’ve tried listing the major tourist places and destinations of India below:
- North India: Places to visit in North India are
- Uttar Pradesh (Agra, Fatehpur Sikri, Varanasi, Corbett National Park)
- Rajasthan Tourist Destinations (Jaipur, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Udaipur, Bikaner, Mandawa, Ranthambore National Park, Kota, Chittorgarh, Deogarh, Narlai)
- Himachal Pradesh Tourism Destinations (Shimla, Kullu, Manali, Dharamshala)
- Punjab (Chandigarh, Amritsar)
- Kashmir (Srinagar, Pahalgam, Gulmarg and Sonmarg)
- Central India: Tourist places in Central India are
- Maharashtra (Mumbai, Aurangabad)
- Madhya Pradesh Tourist Destinations (Khajuraho, Orchha, Satpura National Park, Bandhavgarh National Park, Kanha National Park, Pench National Park, Bhopal, Gwalior, Mandu, Maheshwar)
- Goa (North Goa: Candolim, Calangute, Baga; South Goa: Cavelossim, Colva, Benaulim)
- South India: Places to visit in South India are
- Tamil Nadu Tourism Tourist Places (Chennai, Mahabalipuram, Pondicherry, Kumbakonam, Tanjore, Chettinad, Karaikudi, Trichy, Madurai, Kanyakumari)
- Kerala Tourist Destinations (Cochin, Kumarakom, Munnar, Thekkady, Alleppey, Mararikulam, Thottapally, Trivadrum (Kovalam, Varkala), Calicut, Wayanad, Kannur, Kasaragod)
- Karnataka Tourist Places (Bangalore, Mysore, Hassan, Kabini, Chikmaglur, Hampi, Badami, Nagarhole National Park)
- East India: Places to visit in East India and North East India
- West Bengal - Tourist Destinations in East India (Kolkata, Darjeeling, Kalimpong)
- Assam (Guwahati, Kaziranga National Park)
- Meghalaya (Shillong, Cherrapunjee)
- Sikkim (Gangtok, Pelling)
- Himalayas: Himalayan Tourism places
- Himachal Pradesh Tourist Destinations (Shimla, Manali, Dharamshala, Sangla, Chail, Narkanda, Sojha, Kufri, Dalhousie)
- Uttarakhand Tourist Destinations (Nainital, Mussoorie, Rishikesh, Haridwar, Binsar, Ranikhet, Bhimtal, Almora)
- Leh & Ladakh
- Eastern Himalaya (Darjeeling, Kalimpong, Dooars, Gangtok, Pelling)
- Andaman & Nicobar Islands Tourism
- Port Blair Tourism. Places to visit in Andaman (Chidiya Tapu, Mount Harriet, Ross Island, Viper Island, Havelock Island)
- Havelock Island - Beaches in Havelock Islands are Radhanagar Beach (No. 7) and Vijaynagar Beach (No. 5)
Tourist Map of India
Tourism in North India is attributed to the influences of the armies that marched into this vast and diverse landscape, from the Mughals to the British. In Rajasthan, India’s most popular tourist destination, the fortresses and palaces paint an imperial setting with the deserts and hills at the backdrop; it also showcases the mighty wealth of region’s legendary warriors. Tourism in Rajasthan and Rajasthan tours have attracted tourists from all across the globe. Taj Mahal in Agra, one of the Seven Wonders of the World tells of an eternal love story. Other popular destinations that you come across when you travel to North India are Varanasi, Golden Temple and Wagah Border at Amritsar.
View Itineraries for North India
Tourism in South India in completely different to that in North India including its landscape, weather, people, food, language and art forms. The tropical climate that is predominant across the South has thick forests and hill stations in the Western Ghats and sandy beaches to the coastal areas. A tour of South India will take you to the alluring beaches on the western and eastern coasts and ornate temples that have manifestations of ancient culture all over it. A holiday to Kerala, one of India’s most beautiful states is the star attraction of any South Indian tour; the region has backwaters, beaches and mountains that are covered in a blanket of spice and tea plantations.
View Itineraries for South India
Tourism in Central India: Wildlife tourism or wildlife tours to India are popular due to Madhya Pradesh, a central state in India which is regarded as the best Wildlife Tourism Destination in India. The Bandhavgarh, Kanha and the Pench Tiger Reserves have the rarest habitats and are thickly populated where the Asian tigers can be viewed easily. Other popular destinations of Central India featured in various India tourism packages are Goa, Mumbai & Aurangabad. Goa, known for its beaches in North & South Goa and its renaissance styled churches is a perfect destination for beach holidays in India.
View Itineraries for Central India
Tourism in North East India and East India has a wealth of cultural diversity, wildlife, flora and fauna. From tropical rainforests to grasslands, to twisting valleys flanked by enormous mountains, this region possesses all attractions of nature that is largely unexploited. Nestling in the lap of nature is the contiguous Seven Sister States of North East - Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura. Other destinations featured in the North East tour packages or East India tours are: Kolkata, Darjeeling, Kalimpong.
The Himalayas of India is spread across 1,800 miles from the Hindu Kush Mountains of Afghanistan to the Union of Myanmar or Burma. The peaks regularly top above 26,000ft. Or 8,000 meters and is the highest and most challenging mountain range in the world. Himalayan tours or Himalaya tourism in India range from the adventure Himalaya tours - Himalayan trekking or motorbike tours to simpler Himalayan holidays to a hill station high up in the great Himalaya.
View Itineraries of Tours to Himalayas
The Andaman & Nicobar Islands, a group of 572 islands and islets is one of the best tourist destinations or places in India. For those who want to plunge into the Andaman Sea and re-surface with refreshingstories of the deep, the Andaman Islands are also a great destination for Scuba Diving in India. Any tour of the Andaman Nicobar Islands or a tour package includes a visit to the Radhanagar Beach (Beach No. 07) in Havelock Island. Rated as the best beach in Asia by the Time Magazine, the indigo blue to turquoise green seawaters speaks volumes of the unpolluted environment of this beach.
Hope you enjoy your visit to India!
India Tour Packages
Domestic Tour Packages